JDR Charity Endurance Race
JDR Cable Systems LTD, are organising an endurance race here at Teesside Karting on Good Friday, which you could be part of.
JDR Cable Systems Ltd have three facilities here in the UK, Hartlepool and Newcastle in the north-east and Littleport in Cambridgeshire. As part of our commitment to supporting our communities JDR Cable Systems Ltd organise events year on year, to raise money in support of our respective local charities and causes. During the past 7 years JDR Cable Systems Ltd. have now raised over £104,000 for our local charities.
Mesothelioma is a type of lung cancer primarily caused by exposure to asbestos and affects approximately 2,700 people in the UK each year. There is no cure for mesothelioma and there are very limited options for treatment. Mesothelioma receives very little funding compared to other cancers. During a presentation delivered by representatives from the charity the devastating symptoms and effects that the disease has on the patients and the resultant effect on their families was explained to the JDR charity fundraising team.
We at JDR wish to assist in raising a greater awareness of mesothelioma. We are sure you will join us this year in fundraising that will support local specialist nursing units, and help local support groups that give the patients and their families a lifeline, through counselling and guidance. PRASAG are able to provide a professional holistic approach, which encompasses all areas of help for patients and their families, such as emotional, physical, social and financial care.
How can you get involved?, by joining us for an evenings racing.
Friday April 19th (Good Friday) 2019, JDR Charity Endurance Karting Team Race
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR TEAM: https://teessideautodrome.alphatiming.co.uk/register/champs
- Prize giving by: Rob Smedley, newly appointed F1 Expert Technical Consultant and former F1 Race Engineer for Ferrari and Head of Vehicle Performance for Williams.
- Open to: All family, friends, suppliers, customers, everyone.
- Location: Teesside Karting, Middlesbrough
- Time: Arrival at 16:30, team briefing, qualifying and racing from 17:00.
- Cost: £160 per team of 3 people (just over £53 each) with £50 per team donated to our charity by Teesside Karting
- Max no. of teams: 30 teams
- Practice Qualifying: 30 minutes (10 minutes each)
- Race: 2 hours (40 minutes each)
- Prizes: 1st, 2nd 3rd, details TBC
- Food and Drink: Food and drink (not included in entry fee) will be available throughout and following the race in the restaurant at the circuit
- Age restrictions: 16 and over